19 year old Arrested for Waldo Murder
We're continuing to follow a developing story out of Alachua County.
Deputies have made an arrest in a homicide in Waldo Tuesday night. 19 year old Willard Newman was arrested for burglary and pre-meditated murder.
Detectives say they got a call around 5 Tuesday night saying neighbors heard gunshots at this house. When they arrived they went into the home and pulled the victim 52 year old Ronald Andrews from inside. After securing the house, and making sure no one was inside... investigators say they got another call this time coming from an unknown area in Southwest Gainesville. They believe person who called was involved in the incident.
Alachua County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Sargeant Todd Kelly said "This is generally a very quiet neighborhood and I'm sure this is shocking to everyone n the community but again we're very fortunate that we're able to get him apprehended very quickly."
Andrews was pronounced dead at the scene. Investigators have recovered a handgun but they're still checking to see if it's related to the shooting. Newman is at the Alachua County Jail.
- Arrest Made In 3 Year Old Murder
- 82 Year Old Man Murdered In Suwannee County
- Crash on Waldo Road Kills Five-Year-Old Girl
- County Commissioners join fight to save Waldo school
- 23-Year-Old Murdered at Ocala Apartment Complex
- 14-year-old Charged with Attempted Murder
- Detectives searching for 19 year old suspected of second degree murder
- Family of Murdered Four Year Old Speaks Out
- Neighbors Detail House Where 15 Year Old Was Brutally Murdered
- Family waiting for answers after 31-year-old murdered