4 Years Later, Still No Answers
Alberto Galvan and his wife moved into their home just about four years ago, days after a woman was attacked and raped just yards from his backyard. Galvan says that he still feels safe and walks the trails and sidewalks of Haile to get to work.
"I feel really safe out here, I have a business out here and the alarm has tripped once and the police were here within a minute, so I think if anything happens out here there is a vey quick reponse."
Galvan says he still takes extra precautions in the neighborhood especially when he knows his wife is jogging alone.
"It's just my wife and I, so if she's on the trail I makesure she has a cell phone on her and she can call me at any time."
Even after four years the sexual assault is still an active investigation. Physical evidence at the scene is now registered in a national database. Chris Gilmore TV20 News.
- One Year Later, Still No Answers
- One Year After FBI Raid of Gainesville Clinic and Still no Answers
- 16 years later, daughter seeks answers
- DNA Evidence Leads to Arrest of Suspect in Haile Rape Case
- Search for Omar Gibson Continues One Year Later
- Months Later, Tent City Still A Messy Situation
- 6 years later, disappearance of Haleigh Cummings remains cold
- One Month Later and Still No Answers In Williston Murder
- Two Years Later, Alachua County's Airboat Noise Ordinance Goes Unenforced
- 2 Years Later, No Arrests Made In Homicide