Alpha Phi Alpha Members Charged
"Especially in a campus as large as ours, people feel lonely, like they don't belong. So the idea to belonging to subgroup, either professional or social, same values as you do...you feel like a home away from home,"said Dr. Frederick Shenkman, a University of Florida Emeritus Professor of Criminology and Sociology.
But with that "search for home" may come some type of initiation gone wrong... like it did for pledges of Alph Phi Alpha, earlier this year. And today nine of the brothers of the fraternity at the University of Florida are charged with hazing, a first degree misdemeanor.
- Alpha Phi Alpha Hazing at UF
- Gainesville Fossil Trader is Arrested and Charged
- Adult Bullying, a Silent Problem
- A New Beginning for One Jacksonville Family
- Answers To Hurricane Season, Just A Click Away
- Not So Free Apps
- A Great Made In America Christmas
- Chocolates Help Create a Great Made in America Christmas
- Social Security Going Paperless in March
- One Case of Equine Herpes in Ocala Showgrounds