Brush Fire Update
Despite the rain Sunday, the fire in Northeastern Gainesville continued to burn.
Experts say the possibility of rain this weekend could help only if it reaches more than 2 inches. That's because the rain evaporates before hitting the ground.
Weather experts say the rain can help suppress the fire, but winds gusting at about 40 miles per hour can counter that.
Sunday evening firefighters were still trying to contain this 2,000 acre fire off of County Road 225 which had been re-opened.
- Brush Fires
- UPDATE: Efforts Continue in Marion County to Put Out Brush Fire
- Bradford/Alachua Brush Fires Update
- Brush Fire Near Apartment Buildings
- Crews Fight 40-Acre Brush Fire In Putnam County
- 300 acre Brush Fire in Levy County is Growing
- Marion County Brush Fire Closes Roads, Causes Evacuations
- Bradford County Crews Battled Brush Fires
- Brush Fire in Alachua County
- Brush Fire Prevention