Brush Fire Update
Despite the rain Sunday, the fire in Northeastern Gainesville continued to burn.
Experts say the possibility of rain this weekend could help only if it reaches more than 2 inches. That's because the rain evaporates before hitting the ground.
Weather experts say the rain can help suppress the fire, but winds gusting at about 40 miles per hour can counter that.
Sunday evening firefighters were still trying to contain this 2,000 acre fire off of County Road 225 which had been re-opened.
- Bradford/Alachua Brush Fires Update
- UPDATE: Efforts Continue in Marion County to Put Out Brush Fire
- Brush Fires
- Brush Fire Near Apartment Buildings
- Brush Fire in Alachua County
- Brush Fire Prevention
- BRUSH FIRE DANGER
- More Brush Fires
- Brush Fire in Eastern Alachua County
- Crews Fight 40-Acre Brush Fire In Putnam County