Dozens of Tires Stolen from Walmart
A team of thieves in Marion County were busted after taking dozens of
tires from the Walmart near On Top of the World.
Two men, Ameh Ruiz and Andrew Weinrich and their significant others,
Chantelle Weinrich and Julia Drinkwater were arrested Wednesday.
They were charged in connection to stealing more than $6,500 hundred
dollars worth of tires.
"They're not saying right now if they were selling them on the street,
to other tire companies, or shipping them other places," Marion County
Sheriff's Detective, Greg Spicher told TV20.
One of the women came in through the front entrance of the Walmart and
unlocked a sliding glass door in the automotive section where the
tires were located.
Her shopping cart was filled with tires and taken to a rental moving
truck in the parking lot.
Employees caught after the thieves returned for a second time.
Authorities pulled the truck over and later found two dozen tires
stacked in a motel room on the east side of town.
Another 17 sets of tires were found at Weinrich's house.
- Packages Stolen From Ocala Home
- Walmart thieves pay the price in Ocala
- Laptops stolen from Micanopy Middle
- Two busted with two dozen stolen credit cards
- Woman Claims Baby is Stolen While Partner Steals from Walmart
- Man arrested for buying alcohol with stolen goods from Walmart
- Tire Thief Arrested- Again
- Man Arrested for Riding on Three Tires and Fleeing Accident
- Burglar arrested on more than two-dozen charges
- Stolen Tires Found at Church