Craig Carter defeats Susan Bottcher 53-47%...Todd Chase wins easily...Annie Orlando & Helen Warren go to runoff
Emergency Workers Compete Head to Head in EMS Competition
Less than four months after the disastrous chain reaction crash on I-75...it's not hard to imagine the scene of a deadly and chaotic car accident...with people suffering severe injuries...and less than 15 minutes for emergency workers to save their lives.
That scenario happened Tuesday...but this time, it was all staged.
EMS workers from seven area agencies competed in the first annual Critical Care Competition.
Three-man teams went through the various timed scenarios using real actors.
They were judged on their teamwork, efficiency, decision-making, and grace under pressure.
The event was organized by ShandsCair at the University of Florida.
They say this is a way to unite the EMS community.
Several said though they felt the pressure today, this helped prepare them for real emergencies.
Winners will be presented with a $250 cash prize, trophy, and plaque.
Those presentations will take place at an EMS Week Barbeque on Thursday, May 24.
- ShandsCair Offers New Ambulance for Children
- Shands Cair uses new technology
- State Emergency Workers Coordinate Haiti Relief Efforts
- Young First Responders Compete Against Each Other in State Leadership Conference
- Ocala Teen Competes in National Spelling Bee
- Students Compete In Lego Robotics Tournament
- Ocala Ice Skater To Compete In Winter Olympics Sunday
- Dog with Gainesville Ties Competes in Westminster Dog Show
- Contestants Compete For The Crown In Local Pageant
- Debate Competition Heats Up.