Frank Polack Memorial Ride
Hundreds of people are getting their bike helmets out, ready to ride to help families going through a rough time.
The 5th Annual Frank Polack Memorial ride, benefiting Hospice of Marion County will be held Sunday, May 20th in Ocala.
Riders have the choice of biking 30, 63 or 80 miles through some of Marion County's most impressive rolling hills.
The son of Frank Polack, and organizer of the event, Peter Polack said he was inspired to create the event after his father passed away.
"My father who was an ophthalmologist in gainesville passed away about five years ago," Polack said. "He was helped imensly by hospice care, as was our
family, so it's a great resource for families that are going through end of life issues.
A food drive is also part of the event benefiting the Interfaith Emergency Services. Riders are asked to bring a small bag of non-perishable foods, or add a $5 fee to the registration cost.
Riders will take off at 8am.
To learn how to participate, or for more information about the event, visit www.hospiceofmarion.com or call 352-854-5218
- The Ocala Marion County Veterans Memorial Park
- Marion County Fallen Officer Memorial
- Mothers Speak Out About Sons' Deaths; Plan Memorial Ride
- Ocala Memorial Day Service
- Memorial Day Service in Ocala
- Half of Alachua County Public School Students Expected to Ride Bus When Classes Start
- Memorial Service Alachua County
- Two Rescued and Two Missing off Horseshoe Beach
- Silver River is in Decline
- Fate of Silver River in State's Hands