Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
Gainesville Celebrates Bike Month With New Bike Lockers
Gainesville city employees now have an 8-foot long by 5-foot high and 4-foot wide reason to ride their bike to work.
Thanks to a group of young men with Gainesville's Job Corps, the city has a bike box with enough space to store two large bikes.
Though Gainesville already has 15 bike lockers, this latest addition is the only one that can hold larger bikes.
The bike box was unveiled today at city hall during Gainesville's National Bike Month celebration.
Coordinators with the city's bike program say they are trying to make it easier for employees who choose to ride their bikes to work.
As for the Job Corp's team that built it...they say it wasn't just the community that benefitted.
The new bike locker will be stationed at city hall.
- Thinking Inside the Box: Innovative Construction in Gainesville
- Alachua Girl in National Tissue Box Artwork Contest
- Kid Who Hit FedEx Truck Gets New Bike
- Gainesville Honored As One Of The Nation's Best In Biking
- Free Bike Repair Station Supports Gainesville Bikers
- Elementary School Students Learn About Bike Safety
- Central Florida Community College Celebrates Black History Month
- Month After Roof Collapse, Queen of Peace Students Celebrate First Day of School
- Helmet and Bike Safety Stressed at Local Elementary School
- Gainesville Man Sentenced To 150 Months In Prison