Grafitti in Northwest Gainesville - What's the Green Mean?
A new artist is making his mark on businesses in Northwest Gainesville, but the meaning behind the messages is a mystery.
Police say nine businesses around 43rd street were tagged with the word "green" and in a twist, the tagger spray painted all the words in orange paint.
Whether the grafitti artist was trying to be ironic or just ran out of green spray paint, one employess of a business tagged says it will be annoying to have to clean up the new paint job.
"Everyones got to buy paint or get their vehicle fixed and its just plain rude and someone had fun and hopefully they will get caught."
Both the Alachua County Sheriff's Office and the Gainesville Police Department have surveillance of the tagger and the artist is being described as a white male in his late teens to early twenties.
Along with walls, the grafitti artist also tagged several vehicles.
- Charter Amendment One was Defeated. What does this mean for Gainesville's Businesses.
- What's private and what's public in your child's school?
- Gainesville's Environmental Film and Arts Festival Focuses on Becoming More "Green"
- What's next for Dunnellon's Police Department?
- What Does Dad Mean to You?
- What's In Your Wallet?
- What's Next For North Korea 12/19/11
- What's the Next Step for Mayor Lowe Following His DUI Arrest?
- What's Happening in the Entertainment World 5/9/12
- What's on Tap for Game Day