New Video of I'll Have Another
He is already a champ. I'll Have Another pulled off a win in the
Kentucky Derby, and then at the Preakness, the first two jewels in
horse racing's triple crown.
"We were jumping up and down, we were like he's not going to get
there, he's not going to get there, oh my goodness he got there, it
was tremendous," Ocala Breeders' Sales Event Coordinator, Jay Friedman
But before the 3-year-old colt walked across a world stage, he walked
across the stage at Ocala Breeders' Sales, selling for
$35,000.00--$230,000.00 less than Bodemeister who came in close
TV20 obtained video most have not seen before of I'll Have Another as
he was being sold in April, 2011.
"So you could have bought him for $36,000. Maybe," Friedman said.
But OBS is no stranger to winners.
In 1997 Silver Charm was sold here and later won the Derby and the
Preakness, just missing the Belmont.
Over the years OBS has made huge investments trying to draw potential
winners, installing a "safe track" costing $7 million dollars.
It's made of four different types of sand, recycled material, and
rubber, all binded together by wax.
The track's creator says it makes it easier on horses' knees.
It's been 34 years since a horse has won a triple crown, leaving the
horse capital of the world with high hopes that I'll Have Another will
live up to his name yet again.
- Ocalans Affirm They'll Have Another Triple Crown
- I'll Have Another Won't Be Going For the Triple Crown
- I'll Have Another Wins 138th Kentucky Derby
- I'll Have Another Odds-On Favorite for Belmont, An Every Horse for Every Man
- I'll Have Another Faces Test Of Champions, Ghosts of Failed Triple Crown Attempts
- I'll Have Another On Short List of Williston Horse Greats
- I'll Have Another Wins Preakness Stakes, 1 Race Away From Triple Crown
- Phone video shows altercation as an Ocala man fires a rifle wildly near home
- New Children's ER in Ocala
- Another Dollar General robbed in Ocala