Woman Steals $42K in Jewelry
A woman from Lake City had jewelry stolen from her home, and a family friend is suspected of being the thief.
On Thursday, Sheriff's deputies say Courtney Combs, 18, of Lake City, took three stolen necklaces that belong to a family friend to North Florida Rare Coins & Bullion.
She walked out with $500.
"People get desperate, they do certain things... and weren't thinking long term," said Sgt. Ed Seifert with the Columbia County Sheriff's Office
According to detectives, the necklaces are worth $42K.
"We had a complete description, pictures of the jewelry, which is nice to have, we don't have that in every case, but this case it paid off, because we could match it to what he had in the store," he said.
Detectives say Combs admitted to stealing and selling the jewelry.
She was arrested and booked into jail.
The necklaces were returned to the owner.
The owner of the coin and gold store told TV20 he was shocked when he found out the value of the necklaces, which were white gold-one containing a black diamond.
- Police: Woman Steals $900 Of Clothing From Gainesville Store
- Ocala Woman Accused of Stealing $53,000 In Checks
- Police: Woman Steals $700 Of Merchandise For Mother's Day Gifts
- Magazine Scammers Caught Trying to Steal Pills from Disabled Woman
- Woman Claims Baby is Stolen While Partner Steals from Walmart
- Armed Robbery at Ocala Jewelry Store
- Haile Plantation Jewelry Store Robbed at Gunpoint
- Jewelry Thieves
- Jewelry Chase to Villages
- Local Jewelry Store Burgaries Linked To Others Around The State