Airport Renovations Take Off
Travelers may hear a lot more than the roar of a plane engine down the runway when visiting Gainesville Regional Airport this summer.
An external makeover that will cost an estimated $1.67 million took off Monday, with crews reconstructing the disabled parking area in short term parking.
Other upgrades include reconstruction of walkways at the curbside drop off and pick up point, replacement of all store-front glass with energy-efficient glass, new external light fixtures, vestible entryways, new crosswalks and landscaping.
Airport officials say construction won't disrupt normal operations.
The renovations will continue for the remainder of the year.
- New Airline at Gainesville Regional Airport
- Permits Required for Uber Drivers at Gainesville Regional Airport
- Gainesville Regional Airport passengers to see new ticket counters
- Ride-sharing battle continues at Gainesville Regional Airport
- Holiday travel increase expected at Gainesville Regional Airport
- Airport Renovations
- Airport Getting Upgrade
- Ribbon Cut on $1 Million Dollar Renovation Project in East Gainesville
- Taser Task Force Takes Off
- Gainesville Airport Receives $998K Grant