Commission Reconsiders Surtax
It's back to the drawing board for the Gainesville city commission.
Having been denied possible new tax money for transit projects on Thursday, city leaders voted to appeal to the Alachua County commission for help in other ways.
The county commission is ready to place a proposal on the ballot asking voters for a three-quarter of a cent sales tax to pay for road repairs.
But city leaders had also been counting on a quarter cent tax proposal for transit projects that will not make the ballot.
So city commissioners voted to ask the county commission to reconsider the distribution of money from the surviving tax proposal so that Gainesville would receive a greater share.
They also voted to ask the county to allow them to use that money for transit and sidewalk projects.
- City Commission Surtax
- Cuban-Americans Reconsidering Among Exile Elite, a Shift Over Cuba-US Policy
- Surtax Decision
- Transportation Surtax Proposal
- County Commissioners Paving the Way for Surtax Intended to Fund Road Improvements
- Hatchet Creek Development Comes Before Gainesville City Commission
- New Development in Northwest Gainesville? City Commission Plans To Vote Tonight
- Gainesville City Commission Bans LED signs
- Special Commission Meeting In East Gainesville
- Final Gainesville City Commission Forum