Extreme Garden Makeover to Benefit Cancer Patients at Hope Lodge
When you've been diagnosed with a rare form of Leukemia, and you have to leave family and friend to travel thousands of miles to receive chemo treatment five days in a row every 28 days...well, it's amazing what a beautiful garden can do for you.
That's the experience of Sally and William Connor. William was diagnozed with cancer two years ago.
Since then, he and his wife Sally say they take joy in simple things like the garden at Winn Dixie's Hope Lodge in southwest Gainesville...a facility that provides free housing for people receiving cancer treatment.
Wednesday, that garden received an extreme makeover thanks to the Home Depot Foundation.
More than 30 volunteers planted more than 300 flower plants, laid down 500 bags of mulch, renovated the gazebo, refurbished benches and added a waterfall and pond.
- Extreme Herb Garden Makeover at Eastside High
- Deadline for Extreme Home Makeover: Home Edition
- Extreme Home Makeover: Tear Down That Home!
- Home Depot and H.O.P.E.S. Partners with ARC
- Surprise Extreme Home Makeover for Elementary School
- Extreme Home Makeover
- Extreme Makeover- Home Edition
- Builder Pep Rally: Extreme Makeover Home Edition
- Extreme Home Makeover Rally
- EXTREME HOME MAKEOVER UPDATE