Facebook Leads to Kidney Transplant
Two friends who reconnected on Facebook now have a life long connection.
Hillary Glanzer, whose family lives in Newberry, saw a Facebook post about an old friend she had lost touch with.
Her friend was in need of a second kidney transplant.
Hillary decided to see if she was a match.
She ended up being a perfect match and decided to donate one of her kidneys to help her old friend.
Despite the pain, she is recovering from what was her first surgery.
Hillary and her family even have a sense of humor about it
They named the kidney that she donated "Irene," and even threw it a going away party.
- Medical Spotlight: Kidney Transplant Program
- Split Liver Transplants Helping To Close The Organ Donor Gap
- Two Felons Arrested Thanks to Facebook Picture
- Facebook Photo Leads to Arrest of Two Alleged Gang Members
- Facebook Group Leads To Stolen Car Recovery
- Home Raid Leads to Multiple Arrests
- Domestic Violence Call Leads To SWAT Being Called In
- Child neglect leads to death of toddler
- DNA leads to a man being charged with attempted murder
- Bond Increased for Father Accused of Facebook Murders