Five Puppies Drown in Morning Flood
By: Yaremi Farinas
"Flash flooding that we had early this morning in Bradford county resulted in so much water in the creek behind our animal control," said Starling.
On a regular day Alligator Creek is about 35 to 40 feet away from the building. With over seven inches of rain in the city of Starke, Alligator Creek is now over its banks, forcing these animals to stay at the Bradford County Fairgrounds.
Captain Starling says the Sheriff's Office already had been working on getting a new animal control building. It's expected to be finished within the next two years.
- Mosquitoes are Out and Counties are Fighting Back
- Disaster Asistance Center Closing Despite Oncoming Storm
- Suwanee County's Lost Homes In The Flood
- Repairing Sinkholes In Live Oak After Tropical Storm Debby
- Lake City Flooding
- Sanat Fe River Flood Levels Rise
- Live Oak Opens Shelter for Displaced Debby Residents
- Lake City Residents Waiting for Relief After Debby
- Angels on the Water
- Salvation Army Lends Hand To Debby Victims