There are multiple victims in a shooting in the town of Bell. We have confirmed there are deaths.
Gainesville Makes Big Splash in Record-Breaking Swimming Lesson
Thousands worldwide -- including dozens in Gainesville -- are hoping they splashed their way to a world record.
Thursday was the World's Largest Swimming Lesson event and more than 70 in Gainesville dove into Westside pool to take part.
They joined thousands throughout the world, respresenting 24 countries over five continents.
Last year featured over 20 thousand participants representing 14 countries.
While organizers say they hope they break that record, the real goal is about saving lives.
Drowning is the second leading cause of unintended, injury related death of children ages 1 - 14.
For more information about swimming lessons with the city of Gainesville, visit its website.
Visit the Worlds Largest Swimming Lessons website, for info about the event.
- World's Largest Synchronized Meet Makes A Splash in Gainesville
- Record-breaking Drug Bust
- Record-Breaking Adoption Event Wrapping Up
- Texan Teen Bags Record-Breaking Alligator
- World's Largest Crocodile Dies
- Packed Gainesville City Pool
- Local Duck Makes a Big Splash
- US Hosts World's Largest Naval Exercises in Hawaii
- World's Fastest Land Mammal Sets New Record
- 1-Year-Old Girl Drowns in Family's Swimming Pool