Gas Line Explosion Lights up Road
Published June 27th, 2012
On County Road 232, south of the town of Bell, a gas line explosion lit up the Tuesday afternoon sky with flames that rose above tree lines.
No one was injured in the fire that started after a nearby tree fell on a natural gas pipeline station owned by Utility Services of North America.
The flame burned away power lines leaving most of the residents along County Road 232 without power for about five hours.
Officials believe that the weather conditions played a big part in this accident.
The two-hundred pounds of pressure flowing through the pipe had to be cut off before the flames could die down.
Power has been restored to residents and the gas company expects to have the gas line operational again within a week.