Korean War's 60th Anniversary
Published June 3rd, 2012
In memory of the great sacrifices that the korean war veterans showed 60 years ago...
Gainesville came together to bring consolidation.
The Korean Baptist Church invited veterans and their families to enjoy a party filled with food and traditional music.
A Korean war veteran who helped organize the event says the 60th anniversary will never come around again.
Richard Davis a Korean War Veteran says, "They want to recognize that Korean veterans saved their country and they don't want to ever forget that. The American troops that were in there along with South Koreans and 20 other nations, saved South Korea."
"Ambassador for Peace" medals were distributed to the veterans present at the event.
- Remembering The Forgotten War
- After 62 Years of Uncertainty Korean War Veterans Gets Homecoming
- New monument dedicated to Korean War veterans in Gainesville
- War Was Forgotten, But Never the Soldier
- Local Korean War vet one of fewer than 80 living Medal of Honor recipients
- Honoring Our Veterans
- Vietnam War Veterans Honor Fallen Soldiers
- Austin Jones Convicted of Murder of Korean War Veteran
- Korean War Vets Honored for Service Ahead of Veterans Day
- Area 96 Year Old World War II Veteran Awarded Bronze Star