Lost Fathers Honored
Published June 18th, 2012
The feeling of sorrow can weigh heavy on the heart, and on day's such as Father's Day, it can feel like your up against a mountain.
Sunday in Ocala, Heirs Baxley Funeral Services along with Highland Memorial Park sponsored on an event called "Hope Rising" to remember lost fathers.
Beverly Brown is the Director for community care for Hiers Baxley. She not only lost her father, but also lost a child.
Beverly served as an inspiration today for people who have lost their father or father's who have lost their child. She says,"One of the greatest needs we have as those who have experienced loss is the ability to truly connect with those who understand."
Understanding the pain from loss is Summer Gill. She lost her father Ray last march
She says her dad was something different for her, he was her cheerleader, he made her who she is today, a person she actually likes, a lot.
Summer has taken her experiences and used them to motivate and serve as an inspiration and community advocate to others going through similar circumstances.
Art Davis also hoped to reach out to Father's who have lost their children, today. He lost his son last year, and has used his faith as standing ground, to bring him through his grief and sorrow.
Hoping to turn the sadness into honor and joy, Art, Beverly and Summer, along with everyone else participated in a balloon release in remembrance of their loved ones.
The crowd gathered around the reflection pond and released their balloons…as they floated higher and higher, each person watched as their memories transcended into the sky.
- Father Honors Memory of Son Killed in Car Crash
- Father Honors Son's Memory By Helping Kids Swim
- Facebook Helps Reunite Lost Pets With Owners
- Lost And Found
- One Fewer Fast Food Joint- 400 Jobs Lost
- Jonesville Man Searching for Lost Great Dane Puppy
- Lost Marion County Woman and Children Have Been Found
- A Lost Treasure On Fifth Avenue
- Suwanee County's Lost Homes In The Flood
- Mother Who Lost Child to Drunk Driving Speaks Out