Man Hit by Car on Silver Springs Blvd
It was a violent accident in Ocala after a man in his sixties is hit by a car Wednesday morning.
It happened near the 1200 block of Silver Springs Blvd., near the Historic Ritz Hotel.
The man, who was using a walker to cross the road was in critical condition when flown to Shands Hospital.
The man lived in a motel nearby. He suffered severe injuries to one of his legs and upper body.
Then just a couple of hours later, a few miles away, a woman in her sixties suffers a seizure and strikes a poll.
That accident happened on the corner of S.W. 27th Avenue and S.W. 20th Street in Ocala.
The 65-year-old female driver was also taken to Shands and is in critical condition.
Officers said her daughter and two young children were also in the vehicle when the accident happened. They were not seriously injured.
The driver may have suffered severe injuries to her neck, officers said. She was driving at an estimated 30 miles an hour.
- 33-year-old man shot and killed in Silver Springs home
- MCSO: 26-year-old man fatally shot in the driveway of a Silver Springs Shores home
- Car hits pedestrian on 17th Street in Ocala
- Summerfield Man Hit By Marion County Sheriff's Patrol Car
- Woman dies in Silver Springs Shores house fire
- Hit and run leaves Ocala man dead
- Local organization hopes to protect Silver Springs
- Three cars crash in Silver Springs Shores
- Silver Springs to get Spruced Up
- Future of Silver Springs