Margarita-ville Bash For Wounded Warriors
Published June 11th, 2012
Wounded warriors are about to receive local support in their time of need..
"A Night in Margarita-ville Bash" is a music, games and food-filled event helping to raise funds for Gainesville's very own Fisher House.
The Fisher House Foundation provides a "Home Away From Home" for military families to be close to a loved one during hospitalization.
The Executive Director of Gainesville's soon-to-be Fisher House says, with the VA hospital serving a great number of veterans, a facility like this would be priceless.
"Our saying is: A family's love is the best medicine, is to have them there and help the family and help the service person ."
With almost $2.5 million away... The Gainesville Fisher House is expected to be built in the next couple of months.
- Gainesville Fisher House Opens Facility At Malcolm Randall VA Medical Center
- New Fisher House Dedicated in Gainesville
- Fisher House Project in Gainesville
- Gainesville Fisher House celebrates one year anniversary
- ‘Toys for Tiny Heroes’ Celebrates Children of Wounded Warriors
- Women Warriors, Now In The Front Lines
- Gainesville Woman Hospitalized After Burned in House Fire
- House fire in Gainesville leaves one person in hospital
- Gainesville Family Donates To Hospital
- UF Shands Children's Hospital Opens New Entrance