Marion County Wanted Man Detained
The manhunt is over.
A man wanted for murder in Marion County remains in police custody this morning, after shooting and killing one man and leaving another fighting for his life.
43-year-old Richard Drake was found and arrested around the Orange Springs area.
But early Tuesday the swat team thought they had him cornered when they swarmed a home in Summerfield, searching for him.
The home was empty.
23-year-old David Walsh was shot to death inside a home just a couple of addresses down from Drake's.
And an unidentified 19-year-old was flown to Shands... fighting to stay alive after being shot six times.
Some neighbors believe this may have started as a drug deal.
But authorities did not yet announce a motive for the crime.
- Marion County Wants Foster Homes for Pets
- Wanted Man Caught in Duval County
- Missing Marion County Man Found in Orange County
- Missing Marion County Man
- Marion County Man Charged with Sexual Battery
- Family of Summerfield Man Suing Marion County Sheriff in Wrongful Death Suit
- Man Lying on Train Tracks Hit by Train in Marion County
- Investigation Continues In The Death Of A Marion County Man
- Human Remains Identified as Missing Marion County Man
- Marion County Man Found