New Details in Summerfield Murder
A Marion County man faces murder charges after deputies say he killed a 23-year-old man and badly wounded another.
And Detectives believe the shooting was over drugs.
It didn't take detectives very long to catch 43-year-old Richard Drake.
He is now charged with murder, attempted murder and grand theft auto.
"Our helicopter actually spotted the vehicle and brought our team into where he was at," MCSO Lt. Chris Vorisek told TV20.
Detectives believe Drake shot and killed 23-year-old David Walsh and shot 19-year-old Ethan Worthington at least six times inside a Summerfield home Tuesday.
"There was an altercation, a dispute, possibly over money and that's when Mr. Drake ended up shooting our victims," Vorisek said.
Neighbors were shocked Tuesday as they watched from the middle of the street as the SWAT team swarmed Drake's home.
But the suspect was already driving the victim's car, fleeing to Fort McCoy.
"Very crazy, very crazy," one neighbor told TV20. "Hard to believe."
As of Wednesday afternoon, Worthington was listed in stable condition, according to Vorisek.
It was Worthington who told detectives that Drake shot him during a "drug deal gone bad."
David Walsh who had just turned 23 last week, had been arrested before for trafficking and selling cocaine.
Drake refused to talk to police.
During his first court appearance he was denied bond, and showed little respect for the judge.
- Summerfield residents get a new emergency care center
- New Details in Summerfield Arson Case
- New details on Marion County girl found
- New details in Dollar General robbery
- Summerfield Business Owner Charged with Child Pornography
- Ocala Teen Charged as an Adult for Attempted Second Degree Murder
- Trial for Man Accused of Attempting to Rape, Murder Ocala Woman Begins
- Ocala man charged with murder
- Ocala babysitter charged with murder of an 11-month-old baby
- Summerfield Man Hit By Marion County Sheriff's Patrol Car