New Details in Summerfield Murder
A Marion County man faces murder charges after deputies say he killed a 23-year-old man and badly wounded another.
And Detectives believe the shooting was over drugs.
It didn't take detectives very long to catch 43-year-old Richard Drake.
He is now charged with murder, attempted murder and grand theft auto.
"Our helicopter actually spotted the vehicle and brought our team into where he was at," MCSO Lt. Chris Vorisek told TV20.
Detectives believe Drake shot and killed 23-year-old David Walsh and shot 19-year-old Ethan Worthington at least six times inside a Summerfield home Tuesday.
"There was an altercation, a dispute, possibly over money and that's when Mr. Drake ended up shooting our victims," Vorisek said.
Neighbors were shocked Tuesday as they watched from the middle of the street as the SWAT team swarmed Drake's home.
But the suspect was already driving the victim's car, fleeing to Fort McCoy.
"Very crazy, very crazy," one neighbor told TV20. "Hard to believe."
As of Wednesday afternoon, Worthington was listed in stable condition, according to Vorisek.
It was Worthington who told detectives that Drake shot him during a "drug deal gone bad."
David Walsh who had just turned 23 last week, had been arrested before for trafficking and selling cocaine.
Drake refused to talk to police.
During his first court appearance he was denied bond, and showed little respect for the judge.
- New Details in Summerfield Arson Case
- New details on Marion County girl found
- Family of Summerfield Man Suing Marion County Sheriff in Wrongful Death Suit
- Summerfield Man Hit By Marion County Sheriff's Patrol Car
- New Details in Ocala Hit and Run
- New Details on Christmas Morning Shooting in Marion Oaks
- New Details in Washington State Double Murder/Suicide
- Man is Murdered in Summerfield
- Grisly Details in Teen Murder Trial
- Details Surface in UF Cheerleaders Murder