Death toll stands at 51 in Moore, OK. Medical examiner told to expect at least 40 more bodies...20 of them children.
Parents Camp Out in Union County
By: Yaremi Farinas
On Monday more than 60 parents from Union County waited in line to select their child's future school teacher.
Some parents camped out during the weekend to be the first to pick a teacher.
We spoke to a parent who believes the teacher request system isn't fair. He told us some classes have more boys than girls and students who need the most attention are often put in the same class.
Union County Superintendent Carlton Faulk said there are only so many spots in each class that can be requested.
"We take the rest of the class and make sure we got high, medium and low level kids and we meet the requirement of sub-groups, so it works out pretty well for us," said Faulk.
He told us he does not encourage parents to camp out, they do that on their own. He said he is not planning on changing the teacher request system.
- Parents Camp Out To Pick School Teacher
- Parents Camp Out to Pick Teacher
- Lake Butler Middle School Tries Out Sports Anchoring At Career Day
- Paddling Scheduled to Return to Marion County Elementary Schools
- Two Children Briefly Abducted From Levy County Elementary School
- American Civil Liberities Union vs. Alachua County School Board
- Lake Butler Water Problem
- Lake Butler Teen Hit By Car On State Road 121
- Joyce Bullock Elementary Parents Want Answers
- Lake City Inmate Attempts to Escape from Work Camp