Routine Arrest Leads to Stolen Police Gun
A routine arrest may turn into a major breakthrough for both Alachua County Sheriff's deputies and Gainesville police.
A GPD officer's gun that was stolen from his patrol vehicle in November was recovered during the arrest.
The firearm was found on the ground next to 32-year-old Sebastian McCoy as he was arrested by deputies in southwest Alachua County Thursday afternoon.
The stolen gun was part of a dozen reports of police car break-ins in November and December, say sheriff's deputies
They are not saying how or if McCoy may be connected to the burglaries.
According to the arrest report, a plastic bag containing cocaine powder and several $20 dollar bills were also found on McCoy.
- Alachua County Sheriff's Deputies Create Workout for Fallen Officers
- Wanted Tennessee Fugitive Arrested Across the Street from Alachua County Sheriff's Office
- Marion County Sheriff's Office Granted More Money for Cars
- Alachua County Pastor Arrested for Sexual Assault
- Alachua County Sheriff Sadie Darnell: Full Interview
- Sheriff's Office Auction Benefits Local Gun Dealers
- Sheriff's Office Focuses on Crime Prevention Campaign
- Marion County Sheriff's Citizens Academy Back After 12 Years
- Runaway Mom Turns Herself In To The Alachua County Jail
- Alachua County Sheriff Defends Deputies