Satchel's Pizza Sets Reopen Date
Mark your calendars for June 14th, that's the date Satchel Raye, owner of "Satchel's Pizza," plans on reopening the doors of his restaurant.
In late February of this year, a fire in the Gainesville restaurant destroyed Satchel's Kitchen and forced the Pizzeria to close.
Satchel and his crew of hired hands and restaurant employees have been working since the fire on the new additions to the building which include: an extra oven and pizza assembly station, as well as new walls, floors, and plumbing.
Satchel says the whole process was difficult for him and his group of employees who suddenly found themselves unemployed.
"It's this bittersweet thing where that, yeah you know it's great now that I'm about done, but there were times in the middle of it where I felt like I couldn't take it anymore you know," commented Raye.
Satchel has utilized social media as a positive outlet and a way to keep the public informed about the progress of the repairs.
The restaurant's Facebook page boasts over five-thousand fans.
Raye says, "I can check back in a few hours and there's over a hundred people that like it and 20 comments, and when you see that it kind of helps you realize that, hey, people do really care."
Pizza coupons purchased earlier this year to help support employees at Satchel's can be redeemed after the reopening.
- Gainesville's Fracture Wins a Makeover
- Community support helps Satchel's
- Satchel's Rising Costs
- Satchel's Secrets
- Gainesville Little One's Event Celebrates 35 Years of Giving
- Mixed Reaction On Gainesville's NW 8th Avenue Reconstruction Project,
- Chavez's execution date set
- Gainesville Students Return While Staff Step Up In Wake of Newtown Tragedy
- Gainesville Veterans Honor Pearl Harbor Hero
- George P. Bush Makes a Stop in Gainesville, Encouraging Young Voters to Get to the Polls