Sinkholes Appear in Jonesville
Published June 26th, 2012
After one sinkhole in Jonesvile forced a family to leave another sinkhole has opened up nearby.
This one is growing off of county road 241 near the fire station in Jonesville.
Land developer G.W Robinson says two private engineers told him the entire area of the sinkhole is about fifty feet wide and about twenty to twenty-five feet dep.
And more sinkholes are popping up.
What appears to be three sinkholes opened right in front of the Tioga Town Center, they could be connected.
Residents there say that one sinkhole formed around nine Monday morning.
Despite heavy rain, residents are grateful it is helping the springs.
Robinson says no homes are affected by the sinkhole.
- Early Morning Fire Destroys Home Near Jonesville
- Jonesville Man Searching for Lost Great Dane Puppy
- Residents of Jonesville Could Lose Fire Station
- 19-year-old Dies During Hiking Accident in Jonesville
- Police Standoff Created as Wanted Man Barricades Himself Inside Jonesville Area Home
- Card Skimmer at Jonesville Publix ATM
- Accused Murderer Pedro Bravo Appears Before a Full Courtroom
- Man Charged With Jacksonville Girl's Death Has First Appearance in Court
- Sarah Palin To Make Appearance At The Villages
- Areyouna Bond Appearance