Summerfield Shooting Kills One Injures Another
Authorities in Marion County are searching for a possible killer- a
man on the run who is believed to be armed and dangerous.
TV20 was the first TV crew on scene while the SWAT team, armed with
guns, busted out windows at a Summerfield house near 164th Place.
"They were out here in force, helicopter swarming around so I knew
something was bad,"
George Sainato, a neighbor, told TV20.
Police thought 43-year-old Richard Drake had barricaded himself
inside his home after shooting at two men, killing one of them.
But the home was empty.
Several neighbors stood nearby watching the scene unfold.
"We were told to park our car down here and walk and run into the
house and not come out," Ashley Shortt said. She lives directly across
from where the shooting happened. She rushed home to make sure her
child was alright.
David Walsh, 23, was shot to death inside a home just a couple of
houses down from that of the alleged shooter.
An unidentified 19-year-old was flown to Shands while fighting to stay
alive after being shot multiple times.
"It's just sad, you know that someone could take someone else's life,"
another neighbor, Jessica Davis said.
Richard Drake took off after the shooting.
We found his mug shot and criminal record which includes several
arrests from driving with a suspended licsense to grand theft.
We spoke to some neighbors who thought this may have started as a drug deal.
The young man who was killed had been arrested in 2010 for cocaine trafficking.
But authorites said they did not yet have a motive.
Authorities were searching for Drake who was believed to be driving a
four door, white Chevy Impala with Florida tag number 2243JU.
Detectives beleive Drake is armed and dangerous.
They are asking anyone who sees him to call the Marion County Sheriff's Office.
- Motel 6 Shooting Lands One Man in Hospital, Another in Jail
- New Hampshire Shooting Kills Police Chief and Injures Four Officers
- Boy, 8, Killed in Stabbing, Officer Injured
- Drive-By Shooting in Belleview Leaves 1 Man Dead and 1 Injured
- Apartment Fire Injures One
- Sheriff's Deputy One of Two Victims Injured in Series of Car Crashes
- Another Mall Shooting
- One Man Dead, Another in Serious Condition After Marion County Car Crash
- Fight With a Beer Bottle Puts One Man Behind Bars and Another in Critical Condition
- One Newberry Food Pantry May Close...Another May Open...But Will People Go Hungry?