Trade Show in Ocala
It wasn't quite "speed dating," but it was an open event designed to start some relationships.
Wednesday was North Central Florida's 10th Annual Government Reverse Tradeshow.
Vendors met with Marion County's procurement officials and people from other agencies.
The event was held at the College of Central Florida, all in an effort to get new contracts and start doing business.
"This is an event that we love to be a part of because it gives us a chance to come in and see some of our current vendors and some of the vendors we do not yet have a relationship with," Toshiba Business Solution's, Barry D. Myers told TV20.
Officials want to get the word out on how businesses can work with the County, from going through the bidding process finding out about special funding projects.
The event also offered workshops on small government contractors and how to navigate through a tough economy.
- Investigation Shows Fuel Spill at Marion County Fire Rescue Station Larger than First Reported
- 12th Annual Florida Equine Institute and Allied Trade Show
- The Ocala Marion County Veterans Memorial Park
- Hundreds Descend Upon Ocala Dog Show
- Ocala Garden Show
- Alachua County Youth Fair and Live Stock Show
- Missing Marion County Man Found in Orange County
- Gainesville Men Caught Trading Motorcycles for Money and Meth
- Three Ocala Teams Fall as Columbia County Beats Vanguard 22-21, North Marion on the Road, and Lake Weir at Home
- Four Cases of Meningitis in Florida... All in Marion County