Williston City Manager Fired
City Council Members didn't take long to decide their vote on whether or not to remove Williston City Manager Patrick Miller.
They also voted to close their investigation of the personnel violation that sparked Miller's suspension on May 24th.
Council Member, Jason Cason spoke after the meeting and said, "The position of city manager, the current city manager was terminated today as a result of the actions of the council."
The unanimous council vote to terminate Miller comes nearly a month and four emergency meetings after he was placed on administrative leave.
Audio from one of the emergency meetings reveals that "the charge," against Miller has something to do with sexual harassment (see previous story).
Miller was hired in July 2011 from Palm Coast, he has served as a public administrator around Florida for decades.
Miller's last day as City Manager will be July 21st.
The Council has nominated Dr. Oel Wingo as interim City Manager.
- Budget Planning Exposes Lingering Problems in Williston
- Williston City Manager Patrick Miller Suspended
- NAACP Calls for the Resignation of Lake City Police Chief and City Manager
- City of Newberry Unsure How to Manage New Community Center
- Lake City Police Chief and City Manager Aren't Going Anywhere
- Williston City Manager On His Way Out
- Williston Picks Final City Manager Candidate
- Alachua County Commissioners Reach Out to Third Manager Candidate
- Rick Drummond Prepares Leave County Manager Seat as Betty Baker Steps in
- Williston Burglary Traced to South Florida Flea Market