After Eight Hours, Barricaded Man Surrenders to Police
BRADFORD COUNTY - A young man who was believed to have been in possession of a bomb inside his residence, barricaded himself in the home for eight hours before finally surrendering to police.
The Bradford County Sheriff's Office says the man is 26 years old and lives with his mom in the 4000 block of SE First Avenue.
Herbert James Grimshaw, III is said to be going through some mental health issues.
Grimshaw's mother found disturbing messages from him on the internet, leading her to believe he may have had a bomb in the house.
She called the Bradford County Sheriff's Office and they along with the Special Response Team came out to the house.
Sheriff's deputies tried talking to Grimshaw by using a P.A. system and two rook robot units with a telephone system attached.
But Grimshaw refused to talk with police.
It wasn't until deputies released a gas inside the home that Grimshaw came outside, where he was arrested.
Grimshaw fired one round from a gun today, while the second robot was inside the home, but it is unknown what he was shooting at.
He was treated for inhaling gas at the scene and is being held at the Bradford County Jail, where his medical condition will be evaluated.
- Man arrested after police involved-crash
- Budget Cuts Impact Hours, Staff at County Health Department
- Police Standoff Created as Wanted Man Barricades Himself Inside Jonesville Area Home
- Loften High School Dean Behind Bars after Accused of Having Sex with Student
- Stand-Off Ends Peacefully After Mother Pleads With Son to Surrender
- Man Attacks Neighbor with Machete, Barricades Himself Inside his Apartment
- Armed man barricades himself inside home
- Man barricades himself to avoid arrest warrant
- Man With Eight Aliases Has Been Arrested
- Robert Waterhouse Executed in Florida After 2-Hour Delay