Baseball Bat Saves the Day in Attempted Ocala Gas Station Robbery
An Ocala resident is learning the hard way that there's no crying in baseball.
The Chevron located on the corner of NE 14th Avenue and E Silver Springs Boulevard in Ocala has been robbed multiple times since it has been owned by the Phok family.
After so much experience with thefts, Sarah Phok says her father, Hung Huy stepped up to the plate Thursday afternoon when police say Brent Williamson walked in with a 10 inch knife and bad intentions.
Sarah witnessed the incident from behind the counter, she says Williamson, "just stood there and he said 'I need the money.' "
The only thing Williamson got out of the attempted robbery were some points for his persistence.
After several attempts to jump over the counter were met by Phok's wooden bat, he struck out and left the store.
Sarah says, "my Dad would've hit him with the bat."
A risk Willamson wasn't willing to take.
It didn't take long for officers from the Ocala Police Department to catch up with the criminal who the Phok family recognized as a frequent customer of their store.
Sarah's dad caught up with officers where he positively identified the thief.
On Monday Williamson was also accused of pulling of a robbery at another gas station less than a mile down the street where it's believed he got away with at least 100-dollars and a pack of cigarettes.
- Gas station robbery attempt
- Skimmer found at gas station pump in Silver Springs
- Series of Car Accidents Plague Gainesville Roadway
- 10 Year Old Saves the Day in Sturgeon Accident
- Gas Station Donations Lead to Crime Fighting Canine
- Gas Station Robbery in Gainesville
- Police searching for 2 men wanted for gas station robbery
- Kangaroo Gas Station Robbery Suspect Arrested
- Gainesville Gas Station Robbery Foiled
- Man Accused of Armed Robbery At Lake City Gas Station