FanFare and Fireworks 2012
They've had funding problems, but on Tuesday the 2012 Fanfare and Fireworks Independence Day Celebration faced different trouble, coming from Mother Nature. The event was at the Flavet Field at the University of Florida. It's a family oriented event to go out and enjoy the music plus the fireworks that evening. Despite the rain, residents were out setting up picnic blankets, setting up chairs trying to find that perfect spot for the 2012 Fanfare and Fireworks. They're excited that local artist who are expected to perform like the Gainesville Community Band, and Richy Stano and Shane Moore Duo, performed sound checks earlier that afternoon. We spoke to Fanfare officials who say the show is something you don't want to miss.
"Its going to be a great day to start out your celebration, and continue to tomorrow cause they're many other activities throughout Alachua County that are equally fun and fascinating, but tonight start here and go on and celebrate the 4th of July," Sue Wagner, Fanfare official said.
Fanfare officials say you're not to allowed to bring any pets, or alcohol.
- Fanfares and Fireworks to Return For 2013
- UF's Fanfares and Fireworks Still Needs $8,500
- July 4: Fanfares & Fireworks
- New Fare Boxes In RTS Buses
- "Fair Fare" for Alachua County Fairgrounds
- Keeping it "Fare"
- BUS FARE INCREASE
- RTS Fares Increase
- Florida football fans participate in annual fan day
- The Man Behind the Boom: Three Generations of Fireworks