Gainesville Children's Theatre, Singing Their Way Through The Community
Lights, camera, action!
A local children's theatre company is helping kids be more confident through everyday playing.
Stephanie Bechara's TV20 takes us behind the stage and shows us how.
These talented kids really know how to put on a show.
About 300 people gathered to watch "Seussical The Musical" at the Santa Fe College Fine Arts Hall.
The kids say, "It's pretty fun, having to work on the stage... Working with all the set... I'll probably miss my friends after this."
"Musical Me Theatre" is a two year old local company that trains actors from ages 5-18.
The founder, Ashley McPherson says the community gave her the idea for the children's theatre.
"It was an idea that sprung from the minds of several parents wanting to get kids involved in community theatre around town at their age level."
McPherson says that with every play, the company's goal is to prepare kids to think on their toes and build more confidence.
"It instills imagination, it instills the use of thinking outside the box, public speaking... There are many many aspects that fine arts provides for kids."
But above all, parents say these kids have fun making friends...
The kids say, "Probably spending a lot of fun moments with our friends, it's actually making friends... Yeah and hanging out behind the scenes."
"Seussical the Musical" wrapped up Sunday but all the make up and costumes dont end here...
The kids will soon get ready for their fall performance of "Music Man."
Stephanie Bechara TV20 news.
- Children's Mental Health Awareness Week
- Stop Children's Cancer Holiday Traditions: A Musical Celebration
- Bikers Roll Through The Streets Of Ocala To Deliver Toys For Children
- Cedar Key's Seafood Festival, A Way Of Life
- Children's Hospital in Gainesville Makes Cents
- Gainesville Duck Derby Raises Money For Children's Support Agencies
- Gainesville's First Urban Farm
- Gainesville's Mini Horses Head To Newtown To Help Heal
- Boston Marathon Update & Gainesville's Reaction
- Mixed Reaction On Gainesville's NW 8th Avenue Reconstruction Project,