Getaway Vehicle Not Fast Enough For Police
GAINESVILLE - It may have been the shortest getaway in the annals of crime.
A woman accused of stabbing a man in the leg tried to elude police...by escaping in her electric wheelchair.
Gainesville Police say 33 year old Eloise Sturdivant ended an argument with her husband by grabbing a steak knife and twice slashing him.
He ended up at Shands Hospital, and police were called in.
They say when they tried to arrest Sturdivant, she tried to flee in her wheelchair.
Two detectives apprehended her and took her to jail, where she faces several charges including Aggravated Battery.
- Enough Is Enough: Ocala Residents React to Violence
- Security Video Shows Getaway of PNC Bank Robber
- Residents Say the EPA's Clean Up Plan Is Not Enough
- Not Enough
- Fast Food for the Homeless: EBT Pilot Program
- FIRE: UF's Insurance Not Enough To Rebuild
- Rain from Beryl - Is it Enough?
- Act FAST: Learn the Signs of a Stroke
- Tax Deadline Fast Approaching
- Crist Vetos 'Landmark' Energy Bill, Says It's Not Enough