Kanapaha Park Vandalized, Flag Stolen
A stolen flag may cost about $300 to replace.
But for some veterans, no amount of money can cover the dishonor they feel because of recent acts of vandalism at Kanapaha Memorial Park...just days before the Fourth of July.
Officials found a granite memorial monument had been shifted and cracked.
This comes after a custom-made Normandy D-Day flag was stolen from its post last Friday, June 29th.
Officials say they are not sure what the cost will be to fix and repair everything, but say it's not the money that concerns them.
They do have a replacement for the flag, but will first need to fabricate a flag to secure it.
They say they are working with the Alachua County Sheriff's Office to increase patrols of the park.
- Kanapaha Botanical Garden On Father's Day
- The Ocala Marion County Veterans Memorial Park
- History Revisited at Gainesville Kanapaha Memorial Park Groundbreaking
- Veterans Memorial Park's New Landmark
- Historic Haile Homestead
- Hundreds Line Up for Church's Food Giveaway
- Festival Offers Tools for Spring Gardening
- Hogtown Craft Beer Festival Draws Brewers, Enthusiasts
- Flag Day Reading Celebration
- Red Flag Warning