NAACP Calls for the Resignation of Lake City Police Chief and City Manager
LAKE CITY - Monday's City Council meeting room today was filled to capacity with people wishing to defend their city leaders and the Confederate flag.
Others wanted to point out what they see as a series of misjudgements casting a negative light on Lake City's Police Chief and City Manager.
State Representative of the NAACP Dale Landry stated at the meeting, "The Florida State Conference of the NAACP calls for the resignation of the Lake City manager, and police chief amid controversy regarding photographs, lack of retention of African American police officers, and insensitivity regarding continued use of the confederate flag as part of the official sealing on government vehicles."
Some felt that the introduction of the NAACP into the mix would cause a stir.
Civil Rights, H.K. Edgerton says, "From a business deal, it's great for them anytime they can have the opportunity to use the Christian Cross of Saint Andrew and Confederate battle flag as a whipping post it's good business for them."
NAACP representatives said they Florida removes Confederate flags from all government emblems.
- Lake City Police Chief and City Manager Aren't Going Anywhere
- Lake City Police Chief Resigns
- Former Lake City Police Chief On Resignation
- Gainesville City Manager Looking for Candidates to Fill Police Chief Position
- City of Newberry Unsure How to Manage New Community Center
- Williston City Manager Fired
- Lake City Police Chief Suspended
- Lake City Police Chief Reinstated
- Lake City Gets New Police Chief
- Woman Found Dead Inside Southwest Ocala Home in what Police are Calling a Homicide