People Beating the Heat for the 4th of July
People all across North Central Florida are celebrating America's birthday, and thousands are getting ready for tonight's big bang in Alachua. Local businesses help fund the City of Alachua fireworks by the tune of 30 thousand dollars. But depsite the heat, its not stopping folks from having fun, playing volleyball and enjoying each other's company, taking time to recognize how great America is. Residents we spoke to are pleased we have the freedom. .
"Just the freedom we have as a nation, just to be able to gather, and just the honor the americans who have given their lives to make this day happen to have the freedom that we have that we don't take this for granted," Oscar Roche ,a pastor at Ignite Life Center said.
Roche is one of many reisdents who wants other Americans to spend some time reflecting in order to move to a better future.
- Getting ready for July 4th
- Small Town Goes All Out For 4th Of July
- 4th of July parade brings town together
- 4th of July Dedication Ceremony
- Alachua Prepares for the 4th of July
- Firework safety this 4th of July
- Gainesville Fire and Rescue tips for this 4th of July
- Micanopy celebrates 4th of July with parade
- Lake Santa Fe 4th of July boat parade
- Beat the Heat- Exercise Safety Tips