Putnam County Man Found Dead
Published July 9th, 2012
Investigators are trying to figure out why a man was killed, and a woman injured, during a violent incident Sunday morning. Putnam County deputies are investigating the homicide that's leaving people in the community asking a lot of questions. Neighbors are surprised because they believe the man murdered was a good guy.
"I really want to know who did that," Palatka resident Arthur Cole said.
Cole, a life long Palatka resident wants to know who murdered his neighbor, the man who lived down the street from him.
"I know him by Eddie B," Cole said.
The body of 33 year old Eddie James Brown Junior was found inside the house Sunday morning, according to Putnam County Sheriff's Deputies.
"I wish we had more information to share with you," Deputy Hancel Woods, with Putnam County Sheriff's Office said.
Investigators aren't releasing a lot of information. It isn't clear if Brown was shot or stabbed but say a 19 year old woman was there at the time of the incident. She was hurt, and taken to Shands with non life threatening injuries.
"I think everyone in the community should be concerned, its obviously tragic not only for his family or his friends, but all of us are concerned whenever anything like this happens," Deputy Woods said.
Brown had a record, he served time for a drug conviction a decade ago. But for the residents in the community they believe there's more to the suspicious murder.
"I don't know what caused that, but I know there's a story behind it," Cole said.
Neighbors looking for answers to an unsolved murder.
Investigators are not releasing the Identity of the 19 year old female.
- Gilchrist County Man Found Dead
- Silver Alert in Place for Missing Putnam County Man
- Troopers: Man Crashes Car In Putnam County Sheriff's Parking Lot
- Man Dies in Crash in Putnam County
- 340 Animals Found Dead In Marion County Home
- Missing Marion County Man Found in Orange County
- One Man Dead, Another in Serious Condition After Marion County Car Crash
- Marion County Man Found
- Missing Clay County Man Found In Gainesville
- Body of One Missing Gilchrist County Man Found Near Bank of Suwannee River