School Grades See Slight Drop
The report card is in for elementary and middle schools around North Central Florida -- and the grade trend is heading down.
According to the state schools report released today, 19 schools -- out of the 29 district schools that received grades in Alachua County -- earned an A' or B'.
That's slightly less than the 21 schools receiving an A' or B' grade last year.
Two schools -- Lake Forest Elementary School and Metcalfe Elementary School -- received F' grades.
Last year, no district schools received an F'.
In a release, school officials wrote the grades are a mirror of "dramatic" changes to the F-CAT test, the F-CAT grading system and the formula used to grade schools.
For a complete listing of grades for all schools in Alachua County, visit the Alachua County Public School's website. You can view grades for all Florida schools by visiting the state's Department of Education website.
- Alachua County Public Schools Release Grades
- Alachua County public schools seeing an increase in head lice
- Local Schools Respond to Drop in Letter Grade
- Alachua County Kicks Off School Superintendent Search With Public Forum
- Annual School Grades Fall Sharply Thanks to New Standards
- School Officials Blame Dip in Grades on State's Changes to F-CAT
- North Central Florida public high schools rank nationally
- Lyons named K-12 public school chancellor
- Robotics coming to Alachua County Public Schools
- Alachua County Public Schools first ever robotics competition