School Grades See Slight Drop
The report card is in for elementary and middle schools around North Central Florida -- and the grade trend is heading down.
According to the state schools report released today, 19 schools -- out of the 29 district schools that received grades in Alachua County -- earned an A' or B'.
That's slightly less than the 21 schools receiving an A' or B' grade last year.
Two schools -- Lake Forest Elementary School and Metcalfe Elementary School -- received F' grades.
Last year, no district schools received an F'.
In a release, school officials wrote the grades are a mirror of "dramatic" changes to the F-CAT test, the F-CAT grading system and the formula used to grade schools.
For a complete listing of grades for all schools in Alachua County, visit the Alachua County Public School's website. You can view grades for all Florida schools by visiting the state's Department of Education website.
- Half of Alachua County Public School Students Expected to Ride Bus When Classes Start
- Only Few Days Left Before Start of Classes in Alachua County Public Schools
- Local Schools Respond to Drop in Letter Grade
- Alachua County Could See Lower Taxes
- Alachua County Sees Increase in Homeless Population
- Alachua County Employees Will See Pay Raise to "Restore" Pension Contribution
- Crime Drops In Public Schools
- Alachua County Department of Public Safety Facing Cuts, Job Losses
- First Public Hearing: Alachua County FY12 Budget
- Huge Addition To Alachua County's Public Lands, Levy Prairie