Shooting at Gainesville Apartment Complex Lands One Man Behind Bars
A man in a "Jason-style," hockey mask is now in jail after shooting at two people in Southwest Gainesville.
Police say Brad Coblentz approached Dulce Maria Nova last weekend at The Esates aprtment complex and asked for a cigarette.
Her boyfriend, Jonathon Cruz returned... and so did Coblentz.
Nova told him to leave and after an argument he did, but police say it was to get a rifle and hockey mask.
He returned and shot at the two as they tried to get away. Gainesville Police Department Representative, Ben Tobias says Coblentz crossed the line, "This is an example of an incident that was a simple argument and he took it way further by bringing a gun into it."
Coblentz is in jail and being charged with attempted murder.
He was arrested Thursday after being identified with a police photo lineup.
His roommate reports that Coblentz has been evicted from The Estates for violating leasing agreements.
Residents are still unsure what exactly happened but did receive an email from management.
- Gunman in Lake Butler Shooting Spree Left Behind a Note
- Gainesville Man Lands Behind Bars After Breaking into a Car at an Auto Repair Shop
- Gainesville Police Investigating Fourth Murder this Year Near Southern Pines Apartments
- Attempted Murder Suspect In Alachua, Behind Bars
- GPD: Gunman in Apartment Shooting Arrested, Writes About Crime on Facebook
- Early Morning Attack Ends in Murder for Unidentified Gainesville Man
- Fight With a Beer Bottle Puts One Man Behind Bars and Another in Critical Condition
- Man Behind Bars For Gilchrist County Murder
- A Gainesville man is behind bars after exposing himself to two children.
- Gainesville Man Behind Bars After Stabbing a Woman