OCALA, Fla. (AP) - Ocala police say the mother of a 1-year-old boy abandoned her son at a store as she was trying to steal merchandise.
Police say a Walmart employee told an officer that the woman put merchandise in the baby's diaper bag Friday. When the woman and her sister tried to leave, the employee stopped them and ordered them inside.
Authorities say the mother immediately ran, leaving her child behind with her sister. The sister soon broke free from the employee and also ran away.
The two sisters were picked up in the Walmart parking lot by a blue Ford Aerostar van and arrested Saturday outside a dance club.
- Five Suspects Arrested for Walmart Theft
- Two More Suspects Arrested in Indentity Theft Ring
- Suspect Arrested for Grand Theft and Dealing in Stolen Property
- Suspects Sentenced in Massive Identity Theft Ring
- Dunkin Donuts Manager Charged with Grand Theft
- Attempted ATM Theft Caught on Tape
- Authorities Search for Suspect in Convenience Store Robbery
- Marion County Murder Suspect On The Loose
- 4-H Health Summit
- Ocala: Martin Luther King Day March Road Closures