Transportation Tax to Go on Ballot
The Alachua County Commission is pressing ahead with a sales tax proposal to rebuild this county's roads.
Commissioners voted 3-2 to put a 3/4 quarter of a cent tax proposal on this year's ballot.
Their final chance to make changes came during a public hearing last night.
Some opponents prefer the county rearrange it's current finances to fix a major backlog of road repairs.
Others wanted money to go to transit projects.
Voters will have the final say on the 15 year tax in November.
- New School Tax on Ballot
- Santa Fe students, officials push transportation bill
- Transportation Impact Fees
- Department of Transportation Worker Killed on the Job
- Safer Transportation For Bikers In Gainesville
- Intelligent Transportation System Unveiled on Interstate 75
- Woman Arrested; Awaiting Transport to Bradford County
- No Public Transportation in Parts of Ocala...Leave Residents With No Choice
- Transportation Surtax Proposal
- Un-X'Ceptional Transport?