Who Murdered Lila Leach? Questions Remain.
NEWBERRY - Two years ago, 96-yeaar-old Lila Leach was brutally murdered in Newberry...and the family says there is more the Alachua County Sheriff's Office could be doing to find her killer.
The family continues to pass out flyers in Newberry, asking anyone with even the smallest clue to help them piece together this puzzle.
It's a puzzle the sheriff's office says is difficult to solve ...not because of lack of effort, but because of lack of evidence.
They say there were no witnesses, and little was stolen from the home. So far, detectives have no leads and no suspects.
And as time coninues on, so does the pain says Elaine May, Lila Leach's daughter.
"Something funny happened the other day, and I went to the phone to call my mother and I realized, I can't," May said.
The family says they want better communication with the detectives on the case so that Lila is not forgotten.
- Unsolved Mysteries: Four Years Since Lila Leach's Murder
- Justice for Lila Leach
- Harris Police Report Released, Questions Remain
- Skeletal remains found on Newberry Road
- Skeletal remains found right off busy Newberry Rd.
- Newberry Fire Rescue Remains Under City
- The 96 year old woman from Newberry who was brutally attacked in July, died today...
- 25 years later, memories of Gainesville student murders remain
- Man Who Committed Murder Earlier This Month Is Arrested
- Who's to Blame for the Murder of Marion County Teen?