Woman Beaten and Forced Into Prostitution
We have an amazing twist tonight in the report of a tent city man accused of pimping a woman against her will.
It turns out that this is the same man and woman involved in a shooting at tent city in May.
Prior to the shooting, police say the woman was being beat into submission, raped, and forced in prostitution against her will.
The gun shot wound was what helped her finally escape from the man.
That man has been arrested and his name is Alfonso Hinton, whom residents at tent city called "New York."
The woman did not live in tent city, Hinton lured her there and then imprisoned her.
One woman who lives there was shocked when we broke the news of the sexual abuse to her.
Police couldn't confirm what Hinton had been doing to the woman until now because he was unable to speak when he was in the hospital due to the gunshot wound.
Among the charges he is facing are false imprisonment and sexual battery.
Hinton and the woman do have a child together, but the child lives with a different relative.
- Homeless Will be Forced to Vacate Tent City
- Residents of Tent City Forced to Move
- Tent City Residents Forced to Move
- Update: Tent City Residents Forced to Move...Again
- Report: Woman Beaten and Raped at Hotel
- Volunteer Group Will Continue To Feed People After A Woman is Kidnapped and Beaten
- Ocala city Council Not Ready to Vote on Proposed Tent City
- Tent City Residents May Be Stuck Finding New Homes
- Tent City Residents Being Evicted
- Eviction Day for Tent City On The Horizon