Ball To Close Facility In NW Gainesville
GAINESVILLE - It's a major job loss for the City of Gainesville.
One hundred and twenty-seven workers will be laid off at the end of the year when the Ball packaging plant closes down for good.
The Ball Corporation announced today it is closing its facilities in Gainesville and Columbus, Ohio...because of a shrinking demand for 12-ounce beverage can ends.
The 90,000-square-foot facility in northwest Gainesville has been in operation for 30 years.
The company announced it will provide severence and outplacement services for the Gainesville workforce, which isn't unionized.
- 13-year-old Gainesville Boy Sends Care Packages to Navy Seals
- City Of Gainesville Faces Possible Layoffs-Cuts In Services
- Gainesville's Looking For Another Bus Maintenance And Storage Facility
- Gainesville's Fleet Maintenance Garage & Public Works Materials Storage Facility Combine
- Shipping Christmas Packages
- Local Boy Scout Sends Care Packages to Troops Overseas
- Watch Out For Package Snatchers
- Grinches who Stole Packages Behind Bars
- Suspicious Package on UF Campus
- E One Layoffs