Big Changes Coming for The Wiggles
Published August 9th, 2012
JACKSONVILLE - Big news for big stars in the children's entertainment world... Australian performance group "The Wiggles" are changing up the cast.
Three wiggles will retire and three new wiggles will take their places in January at the end of the Celebration Tour. Simon Pryce, Lachy Gillespie and first ever girl Wiggle Emma Watkins, will take over as yellow, purple and red. Blue Wiggle Anthony Field will stay and continue leading the group.
After 21 years touring the world, entertaining kids and their parents, the change is emotional.
Anthony Field said, "There's tears in the audience, there's always tears backstage because we are genuinely sad they're leaving, but the wiggles will continue next year."
Julie MacEwen brought her children Knox & Grayer to the show and said, “They teach our children everything they need to know... how to be healthy and exercise.”
The Wiggles have a background in child development and the songs are educational. They travel to perform nearly 10 months out of the year. Greg, Murray and Jeff say it's time to spend more time at home focusing on family and their health.
For an exclusive interview with the new cast check out http://www.wcjb.com/local-news/2012/08/exclusive-interview-meet-new-wiggles
- Is a Big Change Coming as Rodney Long Retires?
- Potential Changes To How You Cast Your Ballot
- Exclusive Interview: Meet the new "Wiggles"
- 9/17/12 Fitzness Minute: New Yellow Wiggle Shows us Hula Hoop
- Intercollegiate skateboarding tour comes to Gainesville
- Big Changes at Alachua County Jail
- Alachua County Residents "Go Big" When it Comes to Christmas Lights
- Thirteenth Street Walmart Moves Small Businesses Hope Big Chain Comes
- Changes Coming to WIC Program
- A change coming on who governs GRU?