Botched Ballots in Columbia County Raising Candidate and Voter Concerns
COLUMBIA COUNTY- The Supervisor of Elections found out about the mistake last night, some residents in Columbia County were given the wrong ballots.
The confusion is being traced back to newly drawn border for districts one and five in the County Commission races and distrcts two and five for the School Board.
So far 118 ballots have been affected in the mixup.
District 5 County Commission Candidate, Tim Murphy says, "I have no way of determining exactly how many votes, I'm losing or my opponents are losing or gaining... who knows."
Several early voters noticed Wednesday that their ballots had them votingin the the worng district.
The Supervisor of Elections Office is currently working towards a solution.
- Columbia County Working on Balancing Ballot Mistake
- League of Women Voters hold Candidates' forum
- Marion Co. Primary Election Results are In, Low Voter Turnout Disappoints Candidates
- No more sharpies in Alachua County polls, voters concerned
- Dispute between former candidates and Supervisor of Elections
- Mold concerns at Fort White Elementary
- New concerns with Fort White chicken farm
- Columbia County residents voice concern over chicken farm
- Candidate forges commissioner's voter registration
- Gainesville candidates tackle issues facing young voters