Chicken Lovers Line Up For More than Just the Sandwich
GAINESVILLE - Backed up traffic and endless lines.
Thousands of Chick-fil-A fans across North Central Florida waited patiently to order their meal.
But it wasn't just for the love of a chicken sandwich.
All day Wednesday, the Chick-fil-A off Archer Road had cars wrapped around the building, spilling out onto the street, and backing traffic as far back as I-75.
Inside the store, customers were packed in lines.
As of 4:30 Wednesday afternoon, the store had served more than 1,700 customers.
Several said they had to wait anywhere from 30 minutes to two hour for their meal.
But customers told TV 20 that they chose to stand in line because they stood in agreement with Chick-Fil-A 's owner and his view that marriage is between a man and a woman.
Store managers say they have done more than $18,000 in sales and are on track for clearing $24,000 by the end of the day.
- Chick-Fil-A Supporters and Critics Flood the Streets of Gainesville
- Beef MoosOver for Cow Appreciation Day
- Students Weigh In on Chick-Fil A Controversy
- More Than Just Kids Heading Back to School
- More Than Just A "Flasher" Says Victim
- Springhills Can Impact More Than Just Traffic: Environment Also at Stake
- Stipe Zunic Throws More Than Sandwiches
- More Chickens in Gainesville?
- Gainesville Residents Want More Chickens
- More Chickens in Alachua County